Topic

By: my mucker

water pump screech ??

Content is edited

good morning all just took the son to work,heard screeching noise past experience tells me water pump!!!but read in hand book there is facility within the brake pads that when they wear down  it also produces a screeching noise? are the two noises a similar sound ,can anyone enlighten me  Worried

there are two types of people in the world today,those who are welsh, and those who would like to be welsh

gan bwyll cariad   Kiss

Replies

1. RE: water pump screech ??

Mucker...

Does it happen when you first start the car....Or when you are running/driving?

Only reason I ask is it can be caused by increased load on the alternator/waterpump/drivebelt and usually disappears a few seconds after starting (from cold usually)....It could be just the drive belt that needs adjusting.

The brake screech which is the warning the pads are due to be replaced would only happen when braking.

Garffey.

Tha' can alus tell a Yorkshireman, but tha' can't tell him much.

Also: never ask someone if they're from Yorkshire. If they're not, they'll be embarrassed. If they are, they'll already have told you.

Metropolitan Grey 1.8 Ac SE Rc with compulsory 'Oakers' sticker.....Thats it!!!!.....

Thumbs upNot even DSC to annoy me!Thumbs up

Posted: Dec 06 2012 By: Garffey   Posts: 3626
  2. RE: water pump screech ??

hi garffey

thanks for that , it started 200 yds down the road actually and three more times by the time we got to his works(4 miles away) have'nt heard it at all to day.going in next week anyway  to replace timing belt probably sort it  all out then  cheers Beer catch you again 

there are two types of people in the world today,those who are welsh, and those who would like to be welsh

gan bwyll cariad   Kiss

Posted: Dec 07 2012 By: my mucker   Posts: 390