Topic

By: Rich Keast

Clutch problem

Hello people.

I am a new member to the forum, but have owned mk2 for just over a year and I love it.

I am however having a small problem with the clutch, or actually more the pedal assembly I think.

When I depress the clutch, sometimes it squeAks, and seems a bit stiff, then in traffic when releasing the clutch pedal, it is stiff, and squeaks. This means a clean get away is sometimes not easy.

It doesnt sound like the clutch itself, and is inside the car just under the clutch pedal, It sounds like the place where the rod connected to the pedal assembly, goes through the bulk head??

Any ideas what the problem IS??

I leave myself in your capable hands, and wish you all a great years driving>

Rich Keast.

York.

Replies

1. RE: Clutch problem

It is usually caused by the slave cylinder pushrod.  pull back the bellows cover and push the rod into the cylinder. It will now release from the clutch arm.  Grease the slave cylinder end with rubber grease, nothing else, because it is in contact with clutch fluid.  Grease the clutch arm end ideally with white grease or Castrol CL, because it is waterproof, but molygrease or any mineral grease will suffice.  Refit the pushrod and the bellows.

Regards   Geoff Peace

Posted: Feb 27 2012 By: Geoff Peace   Posts: 148
  2. RE: Clutch problem

Hello Goeff,

Thanks for the info on my clutch problem, it's been a while I know. Gonna give that a go probably next weekend.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers,

Rich Keast.

Posted: Apr 05 2012 By: Rich Keast   Posts: 2