Topic

By: Justice

Mx-5 Mk4 not due until 2015!

I was reading in this weeks Autocar that the new mazda mx-5 is now postponed until 2015. However a 'refreshed' version will be shown at the Geneva motorshow next year.

Its a shame.

Mazda MX-5 MKIII 1.8i in Copper Red, without the option pack

Audi A3 1.9 TDie Sport Sportback in Black

Replies

1. Mx-5 Mk4 not due until 2015!

15/10/2011 05:57:14, Justice said:
    "

I was reading in this weeks Autocar that the new mazda mx-5 is now postponed until 2015. However a 'refreshed' version will be shown at the Geneva motorshow next year.

Its a shame.

"

That could be a good job coz the NC is supposed to  be worse than the NB which is supposed to be worse than the NA so presumably the ND will be a right load of old crap.

Posted: Oct 16 2011 By: TomC   Posts: 35
  2. RE: Mx-5 Mk4 not due until 2015!

Oh I do hope not. My Mk2 is used daily and is getting a little worn out and rusty in places through the Dinitrol.

I was hoping to make it last until the latest being March 2014 without having to have any bodywork done.

I am not keen on the Mk3 due to the colours of the interiors, exteriors and the engine choices.

Posted: Oct 16 2011 By: A   Posts: 54
  3. RE: Mx-5 Mk4 not due until 2015!

16/10/2011 12:40:22, mx5 montana said:
    "

Oh I do hope not. My Mk2 is used daily and is getting a little worn out and rusty in places through the Dinitrol.

I was hoping to make it last until the latest being March 2014 without having to have any bodywork done.

I am not keen on the Mk3 due to the colours of the interiors, exteriors and the engine choices.

"

I think how disappointed/pleased people are with this rumour depends entirely where they are in the car buying life cycle. From my point of view it's great news if it's true as I'm nowhere near ready to replace mine!

My Facebook page

Posted: Oct 16 2011 By: MattSwain   Posts: 919
  4. RE: Mx-5 Mk4 not due until 2015!

i must admit i love the mk2 and the mk1 is now a dare i say a classic that everybody loves.

but after the mk2 they all seem a little like the car built for the retired gent a bit to posh and safe

so i will stick to my cherrished bronze babe  until she decides i am to old for her Undecided  

just love all things mx5

Posted: Oct 16 2011 By: alann   Posts: 2
  5. Mx-5 Mk4 not due until 2015!

"

Its a shame.

"

I've been waiting for news on the ND, apart from the "lighter, more efficient" mantra Mazda have been saying for a while now - but there haven't been any prototype photos etc. online.

I guess I'll be keeping my current Mk3.5 for a couple of years longer, unless of course the Geneva facelift is something rather special. So will that be a Mk3.75?!

Posted: Oct 17 2011 By: HKPhooey   Posts: 265
  6. Mx-5 Mk4 not due until 2015!

16/10/2011 12:15:45, TomC said:
    "

That could be a good job coz the NC is supposed to  be worse than the NB which is supposed to be worse than the NA so presumably the ND will be a right load of old crap.

"

Having owned all three over the years I'd have to say that the NC is objectively the best model out of them all. They all their own strengths, but the NA isn't the 'ultimate' MX-5 by a long way.

Hopefully if the reports are true Mazda are planning to make the ND lighter and more efficient - which has to be good on many levels.

Posted: Oct 17 2011 By: HKPhooey   Posts: 265
  7. Mx-5 Mk4 not due until 2015!

Hopefully if the reports are true Mazda are planning to make the ND lighter and more efficient - which has to be good on many levels.

"

Mazda are committed to Gramm strategy again for the ND. If this turns into a lighter car, or one that has just not gained as much weight as it would have otherwise I will wait and see.

Red MK2 (in the arms of another) Blue MK3 RC (happy again)

Posted: Oct 18 2011 By: 73   Posts: 227
  8. RE: Mx-5 Mk4 not due until 2015!

It's a shame that people spout off about MKs they've never driven - and, i mean, driven properly

I've driven all three MKs and love them all for what each bring to the party

To dismiss any MK is incredibly shortsighted

It's like saying ALL mk3 owners never wave. BOLOX!
    I've been ignored by owners of all MKs and, likewise, had return waves from all.

Peace, people. The MX5 is a superb car.... just not sure about some of the attitudes of Mazda themselves

Get an MX5 LIFE
    "You shall rue this day. Well ... go on... start rueing!" ~ SG
    Wave to ALL other 5 owners! It's the MX5 law.

Photobucket

STORM 1.8 Racing Beat backbox, K&N Filter Panel & Eibached ~ deTangoed
    WiMed on 15.04.11Drunk

Photobucket

Posted: Oct 19 2011 By: VO5 Jo   Posts: 6291
  9. RE: Mx-5 Mk4 not due until 2015!

19/10/2011 11:01:14, VO5 Jo said:
    "

It's a shame that people spout off about MKs they've never driven - and, i mean, driven properly

I've driven all three MKs and love them all for what each bring to the party

To dismiss any MK is incredibly shortsighted

It's like saying ALL mk3 owners never wave. BOLOX!
    I've been ignored by owners of all MKs and, likewise, had return waves from all.

Peace, people. The MX5 is a superb car.... just not sure about some of the attitudes of Mazda themselves

"

Very well said, couldn't agree more

2010 Mk3.5 1.8 SE Climate                       Soft-top                                         Metropolitan Grey Mica                             Expensive front mudflaps                         

Posted: Oct 19 2011 By: Big Kev   Posts: 113
  10. Mx-5 Mk4 not due until 2015!

16/10/2011 12:15:45, TomC said:
    "

"

Its a shame.

"

"

Don't you believe it - read VO5 Jo's comment above

2010 Mk3.5 1.8 SE Climate                       Soft-top                                         Metropolitan Grey Mica                             Expensive front mudflaps                         

Content is edited
    Posted: Oct 19 2011 By: Big Kev   Posts: 113