Topic

By: Pheonix

General Observation!!

This is gonna most likely upset a few people, but I've got to say it.......Mk3 MX5 owners of cheshire, shropshire and the surrounding areas are the most ignorant drivers I have ever come across......do they think they are superior cause they've got a 'newer' model than me?? or are they all just stuck up themselves????

All Mk1 MX5 owners wave and are polite genuine people as are the vast majority of Mk2 owners........so with that I'm NEVER getting a Mk3!!!

Rant over..!!!!!

MX-5 + B-Road = Big Grinner!!!!!! Love It!!!!!

Replies

1. RE: General Observation!!

Poor Phoenix - i forgive you

Lots of love
    A waving to ALL mx5s owner of a mk3(on the salopian border)

There are ignorant drivers in all MKs
    An oncoming mk1 waved to the mk1 in front of me a few weeks ago (OC run)The wavee missed the wave but i and the two behind me (mk2 and 2.5) waved enthusiastically back. The Mk1 original waver was half-hearted to say the least in his response.

Seriously, hang in there. Many mk3 owners are actually unaware of the 'culture' unlike a decent no. of mk1 owners.

Not waving and knowing the culture is more ignorant than those with lack of knowledge.

Hug

Get an MX5 LIFE
    "You shall rue this day. Well ... go on... start rueing!" ~ SG
    Wave to ALL other 5 owners! It's the MX5 law.

Photobucket

STORM 1.8 Racing Beat backbox, K&N Filter Panel & Eibached ~ deTangoed
    WiMed on 15.04.11Drunk

Posted: Aug 06 2011 By: VO5 Jo   Posts: 6291
  2. General Observation!!

06/08/2011 09:41:42, Pheonix said:

"Mk3 MX5 owners of cheshire, shropshire and the surrounding areas are the most ignorant drivers I have ever

come across"

You can include Staffordshire too!!!

Ange thinks I'm mad for waving, as it is very rare that the greeting is reciprocated. 

It's not just Mk3 drivers though. We are regularly ignored by drivers of cars of all ages. Miserable g*ts!

Content is edited
    Posted: Aug 06 2011 By: 3Tau   Posts: 130
  3. RE: General Observation!!

I've got it - It because they are jealous. I've just looked at the gallery of the photos of your car, STUNNING paint job on it, and it looks in absolutely incredible condition. 

Just you carry on waving, let the ignorant ones get on with their miserable lives.

Dave Rose - Gloucester / Copper Red 2.0 Sport RC / X007MXS

RAF Luqa Website

RAF Masirah Website

Stonehouse Dog Training Club

Middle East Ex-Pats

Posted: Aug 07 2011 By: djrose007   Posts: 1966
  4. RE: General Observation!!

Interesting thoughts Phoenix,

I'm on my second Mk3, a 3.5 to be accurate and I had a mk2.5, all in all seven years of MXing, I can state categorically that most five drivers, irrespective of Mk do not wave, irrespective of location, I regularly drive the length and breadth of Britain and find with a few exceptions that the wave is on the verge of extinction.

I regularly pass several Mk2/2'5s and the occasional Mk1 going to and from work and not as much as a nod, the exception in this wilderness devoid of waves is a lady who drives a Mk3.5, it did take weeks of waving in the passing to get the daily response I now get.

For what it's worth,

Steve.

Sport Tech RC in Stormy Blue, (Saltire LE.) Eibached and Pro Gripped.

Black Voodoo Gear Knob, ILM back box, K&N panel air filter, Chromed front Fog Lamp Bezel Trim, (should be standard Maz fittment), bee sting aerial, import style front plate.Thumbs upand Mazda clear windblocker.

In ardua nitor.

Posted: Aug 07 2011 By: steveti   Posts: 2461
  5. RE: General Observation!!

07/08/2011 03:03:23, steveti said:
    "

I regularly drive the length and breadth of Britain and find with a few exceptions that the wave is on the verge of extinction.

I regularly pass several Mk2/2'5s and the occasional Mk1 going to and from work 

"

That's amazing that you actuall see other MX-5's it always strikes me that, for the most popular and highest selling sports car in the world, I very rarely see one if I'm travelling. Exception is around Tewkesbury/Worcester area where they appear to be very popular Grinner

Dave Rose - Gloucester / Copper Red 2.0 Sport RC / X007MXS

RAF Luqa Website

RAF Masirah Website

Stonehouse Dog Training Club

Middle East Ex-Pats

Posted: Aug 07 2011 By: djrose007   Posts: 1966
  6. RE: General Observation!!

I have had a very good success rate in return waves here in SuffolkGrinner

From all mksThumbs up

Posted: Aug 07 2011 By: patnav2   Posts: 3777
  7. RE: General Observation!!

As to "the wave" it does seem to me that there is among the MX-5 clansmen ( and women) those who regard "the wave" as a token of mutual self-congratulation on their choice of nifty cars. When I had a Triumph Spitfire mk4, and later a Reliant Scimitar GTE, a flash of headlights was a pleasurable de rigeur. Where I now travel - on the Welsh borders - MX-5 owners seem to have a more prosaic attachment to their cars. Or perhaps they are too cool to recognise another fellow driver who chooses to ride a Mazda MX-5 as they do?

Floz

- seizing the day in a Galaxy Grey.

Floz

Seizing the day in a Galaxy Grey

Content is edited
    Posted: Aug 07 2011 By: Floz   Posts: 18
  8. RE: General Observation!!

I have a mk3 and I do wave - and get blanked 9 times out of 10! My wife thinks I'm mad.

Posted: Aug 07 2011 By: RMURPHY195   Posts: 181
  9. RE: General Observation!!

Floz said:" Where I now travel - on the Welsh borders - MX-5 owners seem to have a more prosaic attachment to their cars. Or perhaps they are too cool to recognise another fellow driver who chooses to ride a Mazda MX-5 as they do? "

highest ratio of non-wavers back to me on the Marcher border? - Galaxy Greys!

You never know what you're gonna get Smile

Get an MX5 LIFE
    "You shall rue this day. Well ... go on... start rueing!" ~ SG
    Wave to ALL other 5 owners! It's the MX5 law.

Photobucket

STORM 1.8 Racing Beat backbox, K&N Filter Panel & Eibached ~ deTangoed
    WiMed on 15.04.11Drunk

Posted: Aug 07 2011 By: VO5 Jo   Posts: 6291
  10. RE: General Observation!!

I've been waving a lot the last few months in Belgium and approximately 8 out of 10 fellow five drivers wave back. A good result, maybe because of my almost aggressive waving style (including flashing of head lights, using the horn and all of the limbs available at the moment) Grinner

I've also noticed that drivers of a mk3 are the least keen to wave back. As stated by a previous poster, I also think they are unaware of the waving culture and must think that we wavers are completely bonkers. 

So I take it for a ride on a sunny summer sunday afternoon...

Posted: Aug 08 2011 By: xtremels   Posts: 101